Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I'm on a roll!



I got a cover of Michael Emerson from Lost. Quick, simple and a nice image. I had shot Mr. Emerson before for another job and I shot him quickly on the beach. He had just started Lost so he wasn't too big of a TV star here yet but now, Emmy and all, he is a big star. True to his stage background, he was real and didn't put on for anyone. No drama, no stress. Funny, I was more stressed out over it all.

Simple lighting...one umbrella, black cutter causing a neg fill. I directed him to be himself, not "Ben Linus." He actually looked confused as he wasn't sure how to act as most actors do but within minutes, he came out and we captured a great shot.

Here is my take.




The cover looks great. Thanks Gina.

3 comments:

AlYaGotADo said...

Wow where do I pick up this mag? Close up is already the wallpaper on my blackberry! LOVE IT! Thanks, nice work!

txhawaii said...

The mag is sold in Hawaii and seems you can get it at any of the major bookstores.

kentnish said...

pretty cool marco. i was lookin at the mag at Barnes & Nobel today.