Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Adios 2008!

As the sounds of firecrackers rip the rainy night sky in Honolulu (I can imagine Gaza probably sounds like this right now) I though I'd reflect on 2008 as a photographer. I know most of you probably will read this on January 1st, but as I write, we are still a few hours short and a second of the new year.

My career again expanded as my experience and client list expanded. Work has taken me from the itchy grass of the Sony Open...


to Beckham


to lava


to Waikiki Sunsets


to portraits for the NY Times


to pissing in the park


to Japan


to tough guys


and girls on film


and so much more...

as far as life goes, we purchased a condo, my bike got stolen, got to shoot in Japan, Texas, Molokai, and Lanai. Life was great in 2008 despite politics, and the other bull in life. Things were not all that bad. Got famous cause of my Obama on the beach pictures, and shot way too, too many pictures.

I blew a shutter on my 1Ds, broke a 14mm, got storage, got long hair, got a flat screen, a M6, a Drobo, a few new books, a few new friends, and things beyond description.

Thanks to everyone. I can't believe I am where I am in Hawaii. I am making a career here where I didn't think I could make it. I live in Honolulu. Not LA or NY. Things are good. Lets hope they last.

1 comment:

Ros said...

You have done well this last year.

All the best for 2009!