Sunday, February 14, 2010

New York Times, again...


I shot a Chinatown story for the New York Times in Jan. and it just ran.

The story, written by Bonnie Tsui, noted how Honolulu's Chinatown is becoming hipper by the moment. Funny thing about the girl above, Monet, is that she is from HNL but living in New York...I assume the City, so I hope she opens the Travel section and sees herself chomping on an expensive piece of pie. Otto's cheesecake is not cheap.

Advice, check out the cheesecake at Eileen's on Cleavland St. in lower Manha'n.

That's some damn good cheesecake, son!

See the Times story here.

I was also lucky enough to shoot a wedding for the Times (look at me, the Times', as if I am somebody!) Vows section (the society page for those in the know.) I never shoot weddings so this was kinda fun. It was on Kauai. Nice couple, good vibe, and great haka! The couple worked for the UN in Africa of all places. The bride is the grand daughter of all people, Audra Lindley!

Anyone know who she is?



ITS MRS. ROPER!

I had to keep it together with this one. The mother, or daughter of Mrs. Roper, was, of course, present, and her mannerisms, tone of voice, and speaking pattern were so familiar. It was insane! OH STANLEY!

See that here.



The vog was a bit of a damper but love is love and little girls love to jump into pictures.

Either way, what a great wedding. Thanks to all around! Congratulations!

No comments: