Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wall on Waikiki



My Leica and myself have been spending time at the beach. A little creative photoshop and I am developing a nice view of what I encounter on a sunny afternoon.

I keep thinking film is better than digital but in all aspects, digital wins hands down for its versatility and ability to capture detail film isn't able to get. However, film still retains that je ne sais quoi digital can't capture. Sure I played with the film scan in photoshop but there is something to it that makes film a bit magical.

Maybe its the fact that its not perfect...the exposures are not always spot on or what not. The Leica is also hard to use. Can't focus quickly, load film easily but something about the camera, film and feel just make a sunny day a splash.


No comments: