Wednesday, October 08, 2008

J Bride

god...another Japanese story...



As I continue my quests for those perfect images from Waikiki, I wandered through the entrails of the Hyatt after shooting my usual randomness when I came across the usual Japanese bride in a rental dress being hustled by the wedding brokers from ceremony to limo to photo session to dinner to whatever for a fee...most likely a large fee...as wonderful weddings in Hawaii don't come cheap.

She was no different than any Japanese bride I've seen at Ala Moana or Waikik...but the light flowing from the open corridors of the hotel caught this bride-to-be in a very beautiful way. I don't think I captured her how I saw her as she seemed a bit unsure of what was going on...I mean, I walked in and she is sitting in the lobby dolled up in her wedding dress. No one is talking to her, no one is with her. I almost felt as if she got a dress, got dressed, and went down to hang out in the lobby.

The light streamed in from the street and caught her nicely. I approached her after circling a bit and slowly asked if I could snap a photo of her. I must have looked odd and/or pervertish for taking her shot but she was really nice and smiled big.

She told me she was from Osaka and I bowed to her a thank you and congratulations.

Nice moment from a stranger.

UPDATE...

I did notice her hands...they were gripping her dress. Uneasiness? Needed a cigarette?

Or was it me, the fat guy with a camera?

hmmmm........

No comments: