Monday, September 07, 2009

A sign around town

Took a walk today...found a few funny things.



Its obvious the non English speaking sign maker (its a Korean bar/restaurant) was trying to say Karaoke* but couldn't figure out the correct spelling in English. I don't know what the Asian script characters mean but I will find out.

As the owner of the facility, I would have made sure the sign maker spelled it right. Well, maybe I didn't know how to spell it myself. ?????


*according to Wikipedia, "Karaoke is the Japanese blending of two words...Japanese kara 空 "empty," and ōkesutora オーケストラ "orchestra."






People were sitting at this bus stop near Don Quxiote. I was surprised yet I didn't smell anything too bad as we walked by. I was curious at how much urine someone had to make to have the city come out and put up this official sign and danger tape.
I hope they washed their hands.

I can't help but to wonder at the person who had the task of writing this sign. At least they spelled urine correct. Knowing Hawaii, I am surprised the sign artist didn't replace urine with shi shi.

If the city didn't want anyone to sit at the bus stop they should have written...

Oh, no sit cuz plenny shi shi ovah hear.

2 comments:

kentnish said...

brah. get shi shi on dere.

i've seen a bunch of mispelled signs all over town. its quite funny.

txhawaii said...

oh ok...see i need a little pidgen translation.

glee said it was ok but dere is pretty good, brah.

so can you translate this sign in its entirely into da kine?