Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New cover...yummy food.



Food...I eat it, I trained to shoot it, but I never do. Well, that isn't exactly true as I did shoot lots of Honolulu restaurants for a national guide book yet the way I trained...8x10 or 4x5 camera, food stylist, props, etc...just don't translate to shooting food the way I see it and the way my clients like it done...quickly.

Yet, food shooters like Ric Cohn and Dick Frank really knew their stuff and because of them, I do understand how food should shot.

The cover of Modern Luxury wasn't my favorite shot of the series as I had a different vision...




but looking at how the art direction was done at the end of the day, I realize they had the right shot. It is dynamic and really does stand out. And like I said, for never really shooting food, I didn't do too bad.



I also got to shoot a few chefs and Chef Kobayashi over at Cafe Miro was a fun quick shot. The shot was the opener in the recent Modern Luxury issue.

No comments: