Monday, March 17, 2008

Nordstrom Fashion Show

I photographed two fashion shows during the Nordstrom grand opening in Honolulu a few weeks back. Long legged girls in the newest fashions slinked down the catwalk to a slick production with hip disco and flashing colored strobes transporting the audience to Paris, Milan, or New York. Amazing to see a bunch of sandal wearing locals in awe of the big city glitter.

I never thought shooting a fashion show was be that strenuous but I shot close to 12 gigabytes on my Canons burning through two full batteries within an hour. I couldn't believe how much I shot and how quickly everything took place. But I kept up and did a great job.

Both shows were identical and I opted to shoot straight down the runway for the first show and focus on creativity during the second show.

I posted the second show images as they show a bit of a different side of what I expected from myself.





No comments: