Monday, February 11, 2008

Leica

I been away from the blog recently but I promise to return with new images and stuff.

I recently purchased a Leica only to challenge myself visual with a tool that I am not very familiar with as rangefinders are typically not the easiest cameras to use.

However, a mystery surrounds the Leica and the user. It can be described as a culture. Sweaty jungles, civil wars, the streets of New York, dictators, whiskey, cigarettes, affairs, Paris, Africa, etc...romance, love, and death. It is something pretty amazing and unique to get caught up in but oddly, most of the owners are usually doctors and collectors who never take them out of their safes or worse, the Leica box or case.

Prices are extremely high for mint copies as they do have a myth.

Here is my first Leica photo.

No comments: